03 Accord Spark Plug Gap

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 4 cylinder with 100,000 miles and want to replace the spark plugs. I looked through the owners manual and I can not find the
correct spark plug gap. I am planning to use the OEM type of plugs NGK. What gap should they be set at?
Rich Ratzel wrote:

The gap should be listed on the underhood sticker. In addition, if you're using NGK's, then you likely won't need to worry about the gap but you can still check them for fun. The plugs are laser gapped at the factory and over the years I've probably installed a 100 or sets and never found one to be off. However, this doesn't preclude potential damage from someone dropping the box of spark plugs for example.
Eric
Eric wrote:

OK, my estimate was a little too conservative. This one is likely to be more realistic...
(10 yrs ASE tech)(50 weeks/year)(3 services/week)00 sets`00 spark plugs
However, even this estimate is probably too conservative as there were many days and weeks when I would do about 3 services/day. Still, I didn't have a problem with a single one of those NGK plugs as long as the package was not damaged.
Eric
All you have to do is go to www.ngk.com select your vehicle and everything you need is right there. The correct gap is .044, simple huh.

replace
the
Thank you very much for the information. I think it's strange that Honda doesn't list the gap anywhere. It isn't in the owners manual or on any stickers under the hood or door jams. I looked everywhere> Thanks again.

Rich Ratzel wrote:

it's not strange. they come pre-gapped and you shouldn't try to adjust it. especially not if you're using platinums or iridiums.

Rich Ratzel wrote:

Uh, it would be in the service manual. Not many modern owners gap their own spark plugs, hence it is not something which is in the owner's manual. I agree that it would be nice if the information were in the owner's manual, but I am not surprised it isn't.
John
Not so, the 2001 Accord owners manual lists spark plug part numbers and gap setting.

Honda
again.
I agree with everything you say, however, the owners manual details all the steps to replace the spark plugs but doesn't specify the gap. Also, on each of the NGK boxes that the new spark plugs came in, there is a statement that says to gap the plug to the car manufactures specification and doesn't say that they are preset.

Honda
again.
Rich Ratzel wrote:

which is true, but...

they are preset to the application. the number on the box? that's the application. if you have some use other than that, then you may well need to re-gap according to a different engine manufacturer's specification, but again, you're buying plugs for the apps on the side of the box, they're set right. go ahead & check them yourself if you don't believe.