03 Accord Spark Plug Gap

I have a 2003 Honda Accord 4 cylinder with 100,000 miles and want to replace the spark plugs. I looked through the owners manual and I can not find the correct spark plug gap. I am planning to use the OEM type of plugs NGK. What gap should they be set at?

Reply to
Rich Ratzel

The gap should be listed on the underhood sticker. In addition, if you're using NGK's, then you likely won't need to worry about the gap but you can still check them for fun. The plugs are laser gapped at the factory and over the years I've probably installed a 100 or sets and never found one to be off. However, this doesn't preclude potential damage from someone dropping the box of spark plugs for example.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

OK, my estimate was a little too conservative. This one is likely to be more realistic...

(10 yrs ASE tech)(50 weeks/year)(3 services/week)=1500 sets=6000 spark plugs

However, even this estimate is probably too conservative as there were many days and weeks when I would do about 3 services/day. Still, I didn't have a problem with a single one of those NGK plugs as long as the package was not damaged.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

All you have to do is go to

select your vehicle and everything you need is right there. The correct gap is .044, simple huh.

Reply to
Grahame

Reply to
Rich Ratzel

it's not strange. they come pre-gapped and you shouldn't try to adjust it. especially not if you're using platinums or iridiums.

Reply to
jim beam

Uh, it would be in the service manual. Not many modern owners gap their own spark plugs, hence it is not something which is in the owner's manual. I agree that it would be nice if the information were in the owner's manual, but I am not surprised it isn't.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Reply to
Grahame

Reply to
Rich Ratzel

which is true, but...

they are preset to the application. the number on the box? that's the application. if you have some use other than that, then you may well need to re-gap according to a different engine manufacturer's specification, but again, you're buying plugs for the apps on the side of the box, they're set right. go ahead & check them yourself if you don't believe.

Reply to
jim beam