03 CRV Fuse/Central Locking problem?

... somewhat of my own making :(
I was poking around (actually quite carefully) with a voltmeter to find a 12v supply near the radio to get me power to my iPaq and I somehow
managed to blow the #8 7.5a fuse for the radio. Anyway, that should be fine ... except ... when I replace it with the 7.5A from the read wipers the radio still doesn't show any signs of life but that fuse does /not/ blow.
The worst thing though is that now for some reason the central locking does not work - I checked the lock fuse under the bonnet and that is absolutely fine. Everything else is working OK but no C/L.
Help on both!
Oh - and where can I find an (ideally) always-on 12v supply to tap into?