03 Honda Accord Radio/climate control display DEAD

The radio/climate control display of my 2003 Accord doesn't work. Unless the display is in direct sunlight, I cannot tell what temperature is set or to what station the radio is tuned. The dealership tells me that it takes a few weeks to get the radio repaied so I'll have to drive around with a rather large hole in the center console...not something I expect of a three year old car.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Ray

Please remove NOSPAM from email address if replying.

Reply to
RJP

This problem was JUST discussed in either this newsgroup or in rec.autos.makers.honda.

The guy ended up calling American Honda, and miraculously they put in a new radio.

Under warranty, one doesn't repair radios. Is your still under warranty?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

there is a service bulletin on this, not a recall but a bulletin Chip

Reply to
chip