'03 Odyssey DVD replacement

My 2003 Odyssey DVD player broke. Is there an non factory DVD player out there I can replace it with. My local auto stereo shop says he has to rip the whole stereo system out and replace everything except the speakers because Honda has their own unique wiring.

The Honda dealership wants about $1200 (not including labor) for a replacement DVD player.

Neither of these options sound very appealing.

Thanks

Reply to
G. Mack

Well, I'll be damned. Even slhondaparts.com shows it to be that expensive:

39110-S0X-A01 PLAYER ASSY., DVD (PANASONIC) $1,014.61

Un-freaking-believable.

I'd find a junkyard piece first.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I'm going to check some local shops to see if they can repair it. If not, then I'll gave these guys a try.

Thanks

ck wrote:

Reply to
G. Mack