03 Pilot blower motor advise please

Hello all.
The front blower motor in my 2003 Pilot stopped all of a sudden. After a bit of googling, I discovered there are two parts that usually fail, the
motor itself and the plug-in resistor.
My intuition (which is probably wrong), tells me the culprit is usually the resistor. I know motors do fail, but I expected to hear motor noises, bad bearings, etc. Everything was find... until it wasn't.
The question then is... would it be advisable to replace the resistor first, and see if that does it? I was thinking I could remove the motor and attach it to 12v to see if it turns, which would probably rule it out.
Any advice welcomed.
Thanks!
C.A.
71-190-186-198.nycmny.fios.verizon.net:

you could unplug the resistor and use a DMM to measure it.there are several sections,each with a different resistance. one of them is likely open.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Check carefully as there may be a fusable link on the resistor pack. Hard to find an exact replacement but this is one place that close works.
I used an inline fuse dressed out of the way of the resistor elements that was 5+ years back. Still blowing
On 06/16/2012 06:18 AM, NotMe wrote:

resistors are uncommon these days - it's all pwm.
--
fact check required