03 Pilot - Oil Light

While driving to work, my wife noticed the oil light flashing on our 03 Pilot with 64k . So, she stopped and checked the oil level and it was full -- a recent oil change. So, she tried a restart, but the engine would
not turn over. The car was towed to the dealer.
I could only think that -- given a full oil level -- the oil pump had failed or a sensor was bad. The problem -- a dead cell in a Honda battery which was only 23 months old. Covered under warranty.
tww1491 wrote:

Hi, Could not start = won't crank? In hot climate batteries fail more that up here in North. Heat is worse for battery than cold.

My guess: A dead cell would cause a voltage drop. Sufficient reduction would cause a corresponding voltage drop at the oil pressure sensor, which the ECM probably interpreted as a momentary low oil pressure.
When your oil light flashes (as opposed to simply illuminating), this means the oil pressure dropped momentarily, then recovered.
Your wife was extremely wise to immediately stop and check the oil level. Many people would't have been as diligent.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

In the old days, cars I had were equiped with ameters and oil pressure guages. You knew what you had.