04 Civic paused before going forward

Some mornings my 04 civic will pause before moving forward when I put it in drive. Does it need a five (5) minute warm up time or is there a transmission problem developing?

Jim Bray wrote:

What's your mileage and when did you last change the Z1 Tranny Fluid? No Honda needs a five minute warm-up time, not even in Siberia. It's counter-productive. Check your manual for that.
'Curly'
yes, my brothers 04 and my 05 civic, both hesitate before moving, ever so slightly and only when its cold out, before the car warms up. We took it in and Honda found the problem. All 04-05 civics do it. So you basically have to live with it.