04 Civic VP

..about to hit 29k..no problems...just @ last oil change the dealer wanted to sell 30k pkg for $228 that had things like tightening belts, chging air filter, all the way down to wipers, but the one thing that
caught my ear was the "maintenance required" light. Most of this stuff I can do myself but the light thing has to be reset by them, right? I just hate to come off $$ to have them do a lot of minor things and a few probably needed things just to turn off the light.
any input/suggestions welcome/appreciated.
oh also, I may get a wild hair to increase performance...any direction, book suggestions, etc appreciated. Nothin major, maybe a few mods & tweaks.
thanks
the maintenance required light can be reset by pressing and holding the trip reset button and then turning the ignition key to ON (not start) and continue holding the trip button until the maintenance light goes off. seems like i have to do that a lot in my car...
:~)>
bob z.
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:58:22 -0800, mulbish wrote:

Your car came with an owners manual. In it is the procedure for resetting the light. I'd give you the procedure, but I have an 06, and I am not certain yours is the same.