05 accord: boomy bass

I have a 2005 Accord Ex w navigation and 6-CD changer.

I love loud music and deep bass but I find this Honda stereo very boomy and uncomfortable to listen to. Some bass notes hardly sound at all and some are very loud. I've tried turning the bass all the way down but that really does not help: the bass that does come thru is still boomy.

Anyone found a way to make the stereo more linear?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

PS: In my last car I had a Kenwood head, Infinity 5" speakers in the 4 doors (used as mid/high range) and an Infinity 200 watt 10" powered sub woofer and it was great. Very strong and linear.

Reply to
Brian Stell

Wish I could help...even on my 04 Accord LX the stereo absolutely sucks. I enjoy the stock am/fm cassette radio in my 96 Accord much better.

Reply to
halo2 guy

you probably got too used to that good sounding setup you used to have. give the accord system time to break in maybe or for you to get used to it. if you don't like it maybe you can put your own in it.

Reply to
hondaman

If your stereo is the same as mine ('04 Accord sedan), try setting the bass at 3 and the treble at 3 and the fader on C. I love mine, it's the best stereo I've ever had (I find the bass pretty rich and smooth, and that's important to be because I'm a bass player), and I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile. Others' tastes are obviously quite different. I may be much older than the complainers, so that may be a factor.

Yes, the rear speakers look like cheap pieces of crap, but they do the job very well, IMO. In my '97 Civic sedan I had a pretty decent Kenwood with Polk speakers in the rear and expensive Boston Acoustics in the front. Sure, it was far better than that Civic stock system. But this stock system in the '04 Accord is far better than that.

Reply to
Howard Lester

Do you have a JBL sound system? My 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser has a similar problem. It seems to pick very low frequencies, it's especially worse during live morning talk radio, you can almost hear the DJs breath on the mic. It seems to be ok when playing CDs and cassettes.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Replace the speakers. I'm not sure what they use as stock, but there has to be better ones on the open market.

Reply to
L Alpert

Or you could just turn down the volume and the bass. Not only would your internal organs be better off, but you wouldn't piss off everyone for a hundred metre radius either!

K`Tetch - tired of morons making others listen and feel their crap thud-thud-thud

Reply to
K`Tetch