05 Accord - Engine break-in?

Well I just bought my new 05 Accord LX-G 4 cyl 5 speed manual. This is my

1st new car. I want to make sure I break the engine in properly. Any suggestions? I mostly do in town driving. I will be going on a 370km trip one way soon with it though. I live in Northern Ontario. I don't know if that makes a difference or not?

Thank you all

Skipper

Reply to
skipper

it's in your owner's manual..

Reply to
halo2 guy

Basically drive the way you would normally, engines today are made more precisely and don't need to be babied like cars 30 years ago.

Reply to
Grahame

Do not use your cruise control until 1000Km, Do not accelarate too too fast. That is what acura told mewhn I got my new 2004.

Reply to
Frank

My first suggestion is pretty much what everyone else will tell you. Sit down and peruse your Owners Manual. It is the absolute best way to familiarize yourself with all of the common, and not so common attributes of your Honda. When looking at the recommended service intervals, look at the chart for severe conditions.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Everyone swears that these new high-tech engines don't need breaking in, beyond running the first 5k miles on a different oil it comes loaded with - or is even that an obsolete thing?

Probably doesn't hurt to baby it a little the first few weeks, in any cas.

No major problems so far on my 04 Accord EX 4i auto. Thing is friggin amazing.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

I found this to be roughly what I'd do and so far my vehicles worked great:

Like the author of this web page says: "This is a very controversial topic !!"

Reply to
Frank

That sounds very much like the old recommendation to do a number of hard accelerations after warm-up - that a "babied" engine won't break in. Just don't do it on a cold engine, ever.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee