05 Accord, large amp, One 12" sub!

What is the best way to mount these? I was thinking the amp on the back of the seat, but the holes don't line up with the studs. I was then thinking about the amp on the trunk floor, but i don't know if the sub should be in front of behind the amp. Then I was thinking about the amp on the sub box, but I was thinking that was ghetto. What to do?

Also, where do I insert the amp wire from the battery into the car? I have not looked much, but it seems to be hard to find. I have finally ordered the Metra piece for the head unit and I and finally ready to do this. What about the grounding also?

Reply to
Guest

It is up to you on where to mount the amp. I have mounted an amp to the back of a folding seat in my 2000 Honda Accord coupe, I also had an amp mounted off to the side in the trunk in my 1997 Civic, and in my 1996 Thunderbird, I had my amp mounted on a custom made shelf under the rear deack (no deck speakers in the t-bird). You have to make your own holes if you want them to line up, or mount a piece of plywood to the back of the seat, then mount your amp to the plywood. If done carefully, the plywood can be run behind the carpet on the back of the seat, and no one will know the wood is there! Just be sure you are careful about your screw/bolt size because you DO NOT want to risk poking your back seat passengers with the screws or ruining your interior on the back seat by punching through.

Inserting the wire in the car can be tricky. Sometimes there is a grommet in the firewall where you can run the wire in, or I have see others use the grommet on the driver's side door. If you go the door route, make sure you have a wire loom or some other form of protection for the power wire itself so it doesn't accidentally get pinched in the door.

For grounding, I recommend grounding as close to the amp as possible to either the bare metal in the car or to something that actually bolts into the frame. Going back to my 2000 Accord, I grounded the amp to the seat belt bolt since that bolt ran into the frame of the car. It was less than 1 foot away from the amp.

Reply to
Gunz4me