'05 Accord radio - volume abruptly goes down after a few minutes

The volume of my radio abruptly reduces after a few minutes of playing. I can get it back by pressing another station select button and then going back to the original station. But after a while, the
volume drops again.
It seems to take only a minute for the volume cut to happen if the car is hot, and about 10 minutes if the car is a normal comfortable temperature.
Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like your radio is overheating. Time to see the dealer for a replacement.
Grommet wrote:

My '03 does not do anything like that. Time to make the dealer replace it, and be sure to not fall into the "we can not reproduce your problem" trap!
John
John....
Please tell us! How do you not fall into the "reproduce your problem" trap?

A good service shop will work with you to reproduce your complaint. When I worked in avionics we accepted it as an integral part of the job - customers paid us to fix problems and that meant we had to see what they were talking about. Customers shouldn't take "can't reproduce it" as a final answer; they should spend some time with the service people to point out what you mean.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

Polite but dogged persistence is what has generally worked for me.
Oddly enough, I have come to look forward to the end of my new vehicle warranties when I can just dive in and fix problems myself. Must less upsetting than trying to get dealers to do what needs doing :(.
John
"John Horner" wrote: > Michael Pardee wrote: > > "Masterson" &lt; snipped-for-privacy@soundsolutionsmd.com&gt; wrote in message > > > > > &nbsp;>>John.... > &nbsp;>> > &nbsp;>>Please tell us! > &nbsp;>>How do you not fall into the "reproduce your problem" > trap? > &nbsp;>> > > Polite but dogged persistence is what has generally worked for > me. > > Oddly enough, I have come to look forward to the end of my new > vehicle > warranties when I can just dive in and fix problems myself. > Must less > upsetting than trying to get dealers to do what needs doing > :(. > > John
This exact problem is happening to me too. I have to agree that I think that the radio is overheating... the faceplate and buttons are all very warm to the touch. I spoke to a Service Advisor at my dealership and he hasnt heard of this problem yet. If you are within 36,000 miles they will replace the radio free of charge... IF you can replicate the problem to one of their service techs!
Otherwise happy owner, Flash
You may want to verify if it's not one of your speakers going dead, thereby reducing the volume. It could be that when you change the station it gets a high current through the cable and when the sound stabilizes the speaker fizzes out again. This is a fairly common problem with defective speakers.