06 accord ex questions

OK, I am going to most likely going to purchase a 2006 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl 5spd automatic w/out leather and w/out navigation.
I have some questions, do the hondas still come with the carpeted floor
mats like they used to?
Honda's use 5w-20 oil right? What is the best brand of 5w-20 to use? I have always used castrol when I use dino oil.
Where is a good place to purchase genuine honda accessories on the web w/good prices and service?
If I understand correctly, I can not install the add on outside temperature sensor with the add-on factory foglights. Any way around this?
Just bought an Accord SE last night. Here's my input:
- My SE came with carpeted floor mats.
- I pay more attention to the grade of oil rather than the brand, e.g. API Service SJ over API SH. I've found that top brands doesn't always have the highest API grades.
- www.hondapartsdeals.com is a good place to look for accessories. Their prices are good and they have PDF installation guides to download.
- The installation instructions for the outside temperature gauge do say that it is incompatible with the factory fog lights. I suppose where there's a will, there's a way. But personally, I wouldn't jerry-rig a brand new $20K+ car just to see exactly how hot or how cold it was outside.
fg
mrmatrix wrote:

fernando_g snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Then you may well just be seeing very old stock on the store's shelves. Sometimes retail motor oil rattles around the distribution system for years.
All of the well known brands in the US are shipping their mainstream oils at the latest certification, which is API SM. There are some specialty oil exceptions such as for lawnmowers, motorcyles and racing where the oils might not be at the latest automotive specs, but those are not available in 5W-20 anyway, so the point is moot.
John
thanks guys, no need to buy floor mats, yeah!.....Castox 5w-20 it is, and factory filters, and I may look into getting an aftermarket set of foglights and intstall the factory temp gauge, I really like having an outside temp gauge for possible freezing weather. John Horner wrote:

mrmatrix wrote:

Yes, I believe so.

Any name brand GF-4/SM rated oil is a pretty darn good oil these days. Castrol GTX is good stuff and if that is what you are comfortable with there is no need to change.

I've done business with these folks a few times and have been completely happy:
http://www.handa-accessories.com /

Don't know on that one!
John