06 Accord Radio Dies...

I have an 06 Accord, V6 W/O Nav. For no apparent reason, music from the radio/CD player vanishes. The lights are all on, and the CD player will cycle any CD. The radio is lit, and will show all pre-sets.
I am on my FOURTH (4th) brand new radio from Honda, and the same thing just happened again. I am listening to music, and then: BAM! Nothing. No sound at all.
The music will come back. Then go away. No specific time intervals. And I have tried everything.
HELP!!!
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:25:54 +0000, DrBoudro wrote:

Replacing the radio fixes it for a while? Is Honda giving you the radios, and you're installing them, or their techs are installing them?
This sounds like an intermittant power or ground wire; I'm guessing it's loose in the harness. When they replace the radio, they push the plug in, and the loose wire gets connected, and then gradually works loose with jarring and jolting.
If you find out, let me know. I'm curious about this one!
Call up Honda (see 800 number in manual) and tell them that if another one fails you will be looking for a new car under your state lemon law. That will get it fixed.

Keep in mind as quoted from one state's lemon law: Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of the new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). Howard

A non functioning radio certainly impairs the value of the car.

substantially impair the use, value or ......
Substantially?

I guarantee the answer is yes. Cars have been returned for rattles that could not be fixed.

It could be the face that the radio plugs into