06 Accord window tint - 2 questions ??

Hi,
I have a 2006 Accord. I would like to have Windows tinted. I have called different Tint shops. Some of them said that Accords do NOT have felt in
the windows like other cars. They said, that is why you need felt on the inside (along the plastic gasket) to protect the windows from scratches. Others said that they have tinted many Accords and no felt is ever needed.
1>> Is felt really needed on the inside to prevent scratches? Has anyone got tinted windows WITHOUT felt on an Accord? Has it scratched? I think that depends on the climate too. If it is hot and dry and there is a lot of dust in the air.
There are 2 methods to tint roll down windows (excluding replacing windows with actual tinted windows) a) remove the door panels then tint windows b) tuck method where they tuck the tint film below the window's gasket
I prefer not to have the door panels removed. 2>> If I choose to have felt installed (as some tinters recommend), can the felt be tucked in AND then the window tint be tucked in under the felt?
Thanks, Joe.
accord_owner wrote:

    Have you thought of just wearing sun glasses all the time, and pretending your windows are dark? bob
I used to get my windows tinted all the time. But then I started having my cars more than 3-4 years (damn Hondas).
When the stuff starts looking bad (and it will), you are screwed. I paid over $100 to have the stuff removed from my '96 and now the defroster only has two lines working.
I didn't have cheap tinting either. I had Lumar.
From now on, I will use the sunglasses :-)
G-Man