'06 Civic Mileage

Page 1 of 2
Anyone with a new Civic willing to share real-world gas mileage? BTW, I really love the look of this gen Civic. Not an "economy" car anymore.

2006 Civic Ex. manual transmission 32 mpg. on first tank City and highway driving. In Los Angeles..
I'll know by the end of the week.
I bought a grey sedan (4-door) EX over the weekend, and it's now under a half tank at about 225 miles. I'll fill it Friday and calculate.
higgledy wrote:

Just filled mine, first tank, and it was 36 mpg. Mostly highway (80%) and running about 80 mph most of the time.
First tank 80% highway running about 80...36mpg Las Vegas NV
Robert Barr wrote:

Very first tank (filled by the dealership at delivery -- unsure how 'topped up' -- yields 29.8 mpg. Mixed driving, lots of rural steady-speed stuff, 55 - 60 mph with cruise control set.
Robert Barr wrote:

Current running total, with about 500 miles on it: 28.5 mpg.
last tank 33.5mpg...230 miles on the highway (two days travel to work) and all the rest was city. PL in Las Vegas
300.4 miles took 9.125 gallons this tank, so I'm up to almost 33 now.

Third tank and I got an honest 37.2 with over 1000 miles on the clock. It is tough to get EXACTALLY the same amount of fuel in each time and a VERY small amount, like a quart either way makes a huge differance. I have to run the same route each day (120 mi) and make it a point to fill at the same pump at the same station when making my fuel run calculations. Again, running between 75-80, sometimes kicking it the ass up to 90 to get around a truck, but coming right back down. One grade to climb going out but that is one long down hill coming back. NO HARD STARTS and trying to coast down and not slam on the brakes to a stop when possible. Remember, hard stops make heat and the heat doesn't come from the energy fairy (read more gas!!). At $2.55 a gal here in Las Vegas and 120 miles a day, I am REALLY trying to stretch the fuel as far as possible...
Robert Barr wrote:

At 1,500 miles -- last fill-up I was getting 34.47 mpg. Gradually climbing...

Interesting answers for this post. In an earlier post I recall reading where an 06 Civic owner was getting in the mid or low 20s which was dismissed because the car was not broken in -- after 4,000 miles. The mileage quoted here is what I would expect even on new cars.
Low to mid 20's??? I think it impossible to get those numbers unless the guy was running in low gear!!! The auto trans sedan has a final gear ratio in 5th of 2.33:1!! That figures to about 2600 rpm at about 79/80. It is just designed from the ground up to get good mileage,,,

I ride normally and dont push car and have only ever got 32mpg once and it was all highway driving in warm weather.
Like I said before...first tank running 80 was 36. i will keep you posted

Thats my car and I am closing in on 5k now and last fill up mixed driving mostly highway and i averaged 26mpg. I live in PA and weather has turned cold not sure if this is a factor. My old cadillac got same mileage in mixed driving. Im thinking I should have got the accord.

Thought I had seen your post -- gives some perspective. Puzzling though, new cars getting 36mpg. Perhaps weather and the type of gas are factors. Still think you should be getting better mileage. I get that on an 01 Prelude running 80 on the highway and running it up into the VTEC. But, then I have use premium.
Gas mileage can varry a lot from car to car. My Brother and my mom both had 99 tercels. Back in 99 when the cars were both new, they went to a gas station both filled up, and hit the road. My moms was down to a quarter tank of gas left, and my brother still had half a tank? go figure

I had a loaner 1.8L with 200 miles on it and I got 30mpg in mixed driving. it's not broken in yet. Rocky

Definately an economy car. To bad that they made them so damn ugly :(