06 Civic MT, Loss of power, stif clutch pedal, and stiff shifting

I bought an 06 civic sedan, w/ a manual transmission back in April, and haven't had any problems with it, until last week. The Cluctch Pedal seems to be real stiff, it also seems to be a little harder to shift gears. Actually I even think that the gas pedal feels stiffer. it seems that all in all , the car has lost power all of a sudden, i'll floor the gas pedal in second gear , and it not nearly as responsive as it used to be. I took the car to the Dearlership yesterday, and of course they said that they couldn't feel what I meant, they seem to think that there's nothing wrong with the car, I do not agree. Any one have any suggestions?

Reply to
estephanovich

Go to the dealer, and try sitting in another 06 manual. If the clutch pedal is hard in your car, and easier in the new car, then there is definitely a problem with yours.

eg a bent clutch release arm, binding release bearing or a problem with the clutch itself. "harder to shift" is usually a symptom of inadequate clutch release. "loss of power" could actually be a slipping clutch.

You also need to consider your driving style. Is this your first manual transmission? Do you slip the clutch on hills to maintain position at stop lights? Are you in the habit of fast starts or burnouts? Racing changes? The dealer may well ask you the same questions.

If any of the above is true, its possible that a failed clutch is your fault. Honda would be within its rights to not cover the above under warranty.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS