06 Civic replacement

Hi,
Last week my daughter totalled our 06 Civic EX 152k miles. She was on the interstate in NC, swerved to avoid an incident in front, lost the rear end, hit the grass verge with a front wheel,
rolled the car twice over down an embankment, landed right side up and continued forward at reduced speed into a fence. No airbags deployed which seems odd. Thankfully she was only bruised and did not shed any blood. The cars door pillars were crushed on one side so the car will be totalled. Assuming the insurance company pay us full value for the car less $500 deductible - what to get as a replacement. My wife and daughter want o get another 06 Civic but are there better cars at this price range out there Honda or other. What do you folks recommend. We have little cash to add to the purchase at this time. I do most of my own maintenace.
Al.

First, glad she's OK.
On the replacement, if you're shopping six to eight year old cars, isn't it more a matter of whether you can find one in great shape, than exactly which one to buy? 2006-2008 is about when the Korean cars first hit the quality mark, are those the ones you're also considering - as well of course as Toyotas?
J.

Yes, I see on the roads Hyundai and Kia cars whick look good. Guess I need a Consumer Reports Used Car Guide as a starting point. Al.

They also start cheaper and probably depreciate faster, might be a lot cheaper than equivalent Hondas or Toyotas.
The question being what they are *worth*!
J.