06 Honda Radio volume Low

I looked in the owners manual for any information on the radio. No help! Seems like my radio goes only to volume 40 indication. How do you over ride
the default value? Can it be changed? Or am I out of luck and just need to replace the whole thing with an aftermarket unit...Paul
P.S. It's an 06 Odyssey with the built-in 6 cd changer

I don't recall seeing the turnip truck drive by, does anyone else?
Steve

22-25 should probably be loud enough...still under warranty? Take it to dealer...compare it to another vehicle

Um....just a suggestion....have you had your hearing checked? Lately????
2006 Civic Ex I am having the same problem, the volume is low. There is a setting that you set to adapt to speed and road noise, you can turn this setting on and the radio will increase in volume to overcome the road noise with speeding up. Its in the manual , but that didn't help much. I am going to have mine checked at the dealer this week.

Let me know what they find. I would think their should be some over-ride for this. I will also check out that road noise option in the manual...Paul

You're kidding me. There is not going to be an over-ride to make the volume indicator go past 40. Give your head a shake and take your car to Honda and see what they say.
Steve

Bummer!!!!! I guess it's not a real stereo that can be cranked to blow the speakers. Well, I guess I'll have to talk to Honda,,, Thanks, Paul
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:20:51 GMT, Steve Mackie wrote:

The stereo in my last car was a nice aftermarket, but it only went to 30. This guy is complaining 'cause he only gets to 40. That's just silly. It's obiously 10 louder than that expensive aftermarket stereo...
;-)
--
Joseph M. LaVigne
snipped-for-privacy@hits-buffalo.com

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:30:46 GMT, Paul wrote:

It may be. Or not. What is the wattage of your stock stereo?
My Civic Si comes with a 350 Watt 7 Speaker (with Sub) stereo. At 10 it is comfotable. At 40, the bass shakes the car.
Depending on what you bought, you may just have a low power stereo, and need an amp to get what you want out of it. But, by all means, have it checked by Honda first. It is possible that there is something wrong with your system...
--
Joseph M. LaVigne
snipped-for-privacy@hits-buffalo.com
Just had it checked at the Honda dealer and it is working as it should. It is only made to max at 40. Honda makes them that way. So the only option I have is add an amp or replace the system with something with more power. This would void the warranty of the stereo. So I'm SOL for now....Paul

Paul wrote:

I think something is wrong with your head unit or you have the SCV (speed controlled volume) turned to high. In my 06 Civic Si, I listen to it loud at 20, 40 is too loud (with SCV off). It is a possibility that is not your head unit, but your factory amplifier. If it's just running off of the head unit, then it would be weak.
On 28 Jul 2006 07:38:46 -0700, [ i v i ] wrote:

Your Si has a much more powerful stereo than the stock stereo on most Honda models.
--
Joseph M. LaVigne
snipped-for-privacy@hits-buffalo.com

My Accord radio has been losing some volume for a given setting for a while now. I asked the dealer about it before I exceeded warranty miles, of course the dealer just shrugged. Seems to be more of a problem when listening to CDs, is that how it is for you?
J.