'07 Accord oil pan

Does the 07 Accord have a steel oil pan or an aluminum one?

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Do you have a magnet?

Reply to
Brian Smith

At

and Ray say that the 04 Accord has a steel oil pan. Bkhondaparts.com says that the 4-cylinder '03-'07 Accord (and some '02-'05 Civics, plus others) use the same oil pan.

Reply to
Elle

Tom and Ray say that the 04 Accord has a steel oil pan.>

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Which, I suppose could either be of the same aluminum construct or it could be steel. Somehow I doubt the material is necessarily critical to the fit. The shape is where it's at

Best to ask the man (or woman who owns one) or at least owns one and has a magnet

Reply to
Dddudley

If you go to an "instant" oil change place there is a real risk of these clowns over torquing the drain plug and the resultant leak. This happened to me with my soon to be former 2000 VW Golf :-(

Reply to
Jim_Higgins

Elle wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com:

It's easy to tell by feel, either way.

Steel pans are pressed from sheet. They always have very smooth and rounded contours, and are always painted.

Aluminum pans are cast. They are not painted, and their surfaces have a rough feel to them. Aluminum pans normally have much sharper edges than steel pans, and often have cooling ribs cast into them.

Reply to
Tegger