07 Fit..Radio, AUX and MP3

I bought an 07 Honda Fit....So far, so good. I like the little feller, nice and sporty with a tight 5spd transmission.
I'm pleasantly surprised at the audio...the sound quality is good, the
radio reception is ok...
My question involves the AUX...Down in the console, there is a plug with AUX on it..it is next to the power cord plug..A mini stereo plug fits in the hole marked AUX and the word AUX comes up on the radio display. I have an Ipod Shuffle... If I connect the Ipod shuffle to the AUX ...nothing happens...I've read in the owners manual, but I'm not real sure about details.. Any ideas? Is the Ipod Shuffle compatible with the system?
Thanks. Perry
On Mon, 21 May 2007 10:04:28 -0700, cajunpaisley wrote:

Should tell you in the owner's manual how to access the AUX in. On Scions you press the CD button twice...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Press the AUX button to start playing.
Do you see an AUX button on the head unit or near the jack?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Certainly should be... Do you have the volume up all the way on the shuffle?

Thanks for the replies...I've tried the suggestion offered, tapping the cd button twice only takes me to cd mode. Having the volume all the way up on the Ipod did nothing either. When I made the order for the car, listing all the accessories I wanted, the salesman quipped.."don't even order the MP3 hookup, cuz the guys in service can't get 'em to work, Honda doesn't have the bugs worked out yet"...What I got on the Fit Sport includes the MP3/AUX jack...I'm wondering if there's any truth to the salesman's comment... Perry
If the aux works for iPods, why has Honda been selling the iPod Music Link accessory?
wrote: quoted text -

Theorbo wrote:

The iPod music link allows for control of your iPod through the stereo controls. An aux port is simply a line-in. It doesn't power the device, or control it.

Ahhh - thanks for explaining that.

But you have to press the AUX button for the thing to work in the first place.
Nobody has actually read the Owner's Manual, evidently.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

That's correct.
But honestly, can't the carmakers do a better job with the manual? hey, Toyota--burn that Prius manual and pay someone some real money to come up with one that makes sense the *first* time through.

better yet, burn the car and let the honda sell hybrid civics to the deperate greenies
back to the original topic: looks like the crap from apple can't be controlled thru the usb port found on most aftermarket units these days and requires a dedicated (proprietary) interface: what a piece of crappola from appola
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in wrote:

Howard is right. I just had a look at the HSN document he references, and it says just what he quoted. The iPod Shuffle won't work with the Fit's radio.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Sounds strange to me. There's not much to them...
I have an 06 Civic, and the port works just fine...
From a Honda Service Bulletin dated May, 2006. It was before the Fit came out but the hardware is the same for all models, just different harness and adapters for different models.
Howard
Music Link works only with the Apple iPod; it
won't work with other MP3 players. And it works
only with the 4th-generation iPod, iPod mini,
iPod nano, and iPod U2 Special Edition. If
you've got an iPod shuffle or a 3rd-generation or
earlier iPod, sorry, you're out of luck.

You might try something like this:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id 9006
if the shuffle has the standard dock connector.
This is specifically for the Shuffle: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id $7396
I've been using the Belkin in my 06 Civic through the auxiliary jack. It charges the iPod, too.
--Nan
On 21 May 2007 10:04:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,
i have the same 2007 model, i have fitted a normal mp3 player with mini stereo audio jack on the aux plug and it works very well altougth you cannot control it on the steering. When i connected the mp3 player the radio automatically has switched in aux mode. If this don't work try a normal mp3 player.