'08 Osyssey Question

We've been shopping and it looks as though Odyssey is our choice, in particular the Touring model which has all the bells and whistles.
I dropped by a dealer's to look at an Odyssey Touring model (hadn't actually
seen one yet), and to play with the gadgets.
The brochure says the Touring model comes with front corner and rear parking assist audio beepers (in addition to the camera), however, the front ones didn't work even though the sensors are imbedded in the front bumper.. And it says the outside mirrors dip down when backing up, but they didn't.
Here's the question:
Does anyone know if Honda has a problem with these two features? Actually, is there any particular problem that '08 Odyssey buyers have had with their vans?

Usually the tilt down outside side mirrors are programmable selected by the user or driver through the options selections that you do at the dash. Also the front corner beepers might too be programmable.
Do any beepers work? On the 2006 there is a turn on/off switch for the warnings on the dash.
By the way the 2006 has enuf problems that I wouldn't have bought one if I had known. The power steering pumps last about 12k miles. And the windshields give tremendous wind noise after a year or so of driving. There are TSB's for these problems and others but if you are expecting normal Honda quality stay away.

Did you actually start the car? I'm thinking that these items may only be active when the engine is running and in gear.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA