$1,199 FOR 100,000 EXTENDED WARRANTY-06 CIVIC

Page 1 of 2
Warranty company offered to extend the original warranty on the 06 Civic LX for $1,199.
Seems expensive...I've got 23,000 miles on it so far, still running like a
champ.
Opinions please?
Thanks!

Sounds very expensive, as most Honda products do 100k miles with minimal service, especially if the miles come fast.
You do do the standard preventative maint, oil changes, etc?
J.
Yes Sir! Oil changes @ 3,500 miles and transmission fluid changes @ 25,000 miles. The 23,000 miles was put on the car within the first 14 months. At that rate, I might have driven 100,000 miles within the first 5 years.

Did you buy it new ? if so the manufacturers warranty should cover just about any fault.
And if you bought it used the warranty should have gone with it as part of the deal
You dont say how long they will extend the warranty ? and bear in mindMANY INDEPENDANT WARRANTY PROVIDERS EITHER REFUSED TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES OR WENT BELLY-UP AND CUSTOMERS WERE OUT THEIR PREMIUMS
If anything is going to go wrong with the car it will likely happen in the first year or in the 3 year warranty period at the outside.
If it was me I would have had the extended warranty built into the deal when I bought the car..
However, if you maintain the car to fgactory recomendations?< and KEEP ALL receipts you should have no problem getting factory warranty remedies.
$2000.00 sounds like a lot of money to me on a brand new car.

I took delivery of a Honda Fit on 6/9/2007. The dealer wanted $1399.00 to extend the warranty to seven years and 100,000 miles, instead of three years and 36,000 miles. Also, he said if I had a AAA card, he would drop it to $1299.00 or if I had a Costco card he would only charge me $1199.00.
Considering the fact that the warranty is for only four years more than the original one, I thought it was quite overpriced, so I declined it. Because of the "hard sell" he tried on me, I think it is a high profit generator for the dealer. Just my two cents.
Robert A. Cunningham
Yes, it indeed was a very hard-sell approach. He voiced impatience and curtness, making sure that I understood that an imediate answer was needed, as in the next 5 seconds.
A hard sell approach indeed. I told him I needed time to think about it and if it was too late if/when I decided to accept the offer to get it at that 'special' price, then it would be no great loss. He promptly said, "Don't bother calling back and asking for that price" and hung up.
It's a numbers game (boiler room type operation) I suppose. If i was to accept it at a later time, he wouldnt get the commision, so it was time for him to move on.
Yes, i bought it new, and with the stnd. 36mth, 36,000 warranty. so far, just 2 small issues requiring service.
Go figure!