$1,199 FOR 100,000 EXTENDED WARRANTY-06 CIVIC

Page 2 of 2
Forgot to mention that I also replaced my 2001 Acura CL-S in 2005 with a 2005 Acura TL. I didn't like the way the CL-S transmission felt after it was replaced at 30,000. The transmission was made in Japan.
Both the CL and the TL were/are made in Marysville MD plant.
The TL is still perfect and never been back to the dealer or to any place for repairs or service after two years (I do my own oil/filter changes and tire rotation).
Just because It's made in the USA doesn't mean is not good. And conversely, made outside the USA doesn't mean it's bad. Quality should be the first factor when your considering quality a quality product, not were it it's made. That may be a factor but not the first (at least in a Honda).
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:39:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

LX
I was the COO of a company for 20 years that handled all the finance and insurance (F&I department). They are trained to talk fast, give no information, and try to get credit insurance (not a bad product for folks 50 and over), finance the loan, and add the warranty. The dealership puts all but about $200 in his pocket. Companies like I worked for handle all the paperwork, claims, etc. The warranty is a joke if it isn't a factory (Honda, Ford, etc) warranty because the final decision is made by the dealer that sold you the car. Beware that warranty is NOT insurance and is not regulated by any state agency, so you can get shafted in many ways. Usually it comes down to them saying problem is not covered or you failed to maintain the vehicle per the warranty requirements. I've never bought a car warranty and never will....I know what goes on in the back room!
mike

Read the fine print once on what's covered, and read what's not several times, then decide.
Used car warranties esspecially are full of exclusions, like all those things most likely to go wrong, and cover those things that almost never happen. The best clause is engine and trans covered for damage that occurs by something exitting from the inside. In other words, there has to be a catastrophic failure when the engine throws a rod or the trans grenades. Then the "cost of repairs exceeds the value of the car" clause kicks in...
SD