13" or 14" wheel on Civic - MPGs?

I am looking at

but I can't tell why some Civic 1.5L 5spd get better MPG than other lsited Civic 1.5L 5spd for the same year. Could it be because of 13" on the DX & 14" wheel on the LX? The MPG ratings are 42/46, 40/45, 34/40. What trim line of 1994 Civic 5 speed gets the best MPG with a 1.5L 5 Speed? I assume this mileage will decline when the car is over 150,000 miles?

Reply to
Rocky

There were a number of different engines used in the Civic that year:

D15B8: 70 HP, 1.5l 8 valve engine used in the CX hatchback D15Z1: 92 HP, 1.5l 16 valve VTEC-e used in the VX hatchback D16Z6: 125 HP, 1.6l 16 valve VTEC engine used in the Si hatchback, the EX sedan and the EX Coupe D15B7: 102 HP 1.5l 16 valve engine used in all other varieties.

The VX with the D15Z1 engine was the most fuel efficient one, rated at

47 / 56 city / highway. It had the fuel efficient engine, lighter alloy rims etc.

The CX was rated 42 / 46 and the DX hatch manual was rated 34/40

Reply to
Randolph

Any idea what the mpg rating was for the 1.6L (106 hp)engine in the 98 civic dx? Thanks.

Reply to
Spurr

You can find that info on

The rating was thesame for the DX Coupe, hatch and sedan, 32/37 with manual, 29/36automatic.

Reply to
Randolph

I ended up buying a 1994 Civic LX 1.5L 16valve 4 door tonight - 176,000 miles for $150. needs head gasket and much body work, etc.

How close can I expect to be to DX hatch manual was rated 34/40

Should I just have the head tanked and reinstall if it passes a leak test or can I improve on the mileage with new technology by replacing the head?

Reply to
Rocky