Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how to remove brake drums - '01 Odyssey
How do you remove the rear brake drums on a 2001 Odyssey? I don't see a center nut/cotter key and they don't pull freely off. (Maybe they are just a little rusted tight.) I do see 2 threaded bolt...

how to remove brake drums - '01 Odyssey
How do you remove the rear brake drums on a 2001 Odyssey? I don't see a center nut/cotter key and they don't pull freely off. (Maybe they are just a little rusted tight.) I do see 2 threaded bolt...
2
2

92 Accord Distributer
my 92 accord starting making a rubbing kind of sound under the hood. I think I narrowed it down to the distributor. Took the cap off and discovered the rotor was kind of sloppy fitting. Assumed it was...
9
9

New Tires
What is the best brand of tire for a 1997 CRV and a 2001 Civic?
14
14

__ If I repaired Honda brakes for a living, I'd design a special tool
I've serviced a few sets of (my own) Honda brakes that had the seized 'slider pins'. The most obvious symptom is when the pads wear out three times as fast on one side of the rotor than the other....
3
3

bad transmission - 2500 dollars
Hi, I took my 98 civic to an authorized honda dealer. they read the code P0730 - Incorrect gear ratio. Now they suggest replacing the transmission for 2500 parts and labor. Some q's: Is there any...
3
3

Has anyone used non Michelin PAX tires and wheels on a Touring model?
I want to use regular snow tires on my Odyssey Touring. My understanding is that if I use the appropriate sized steel wheels with the Honda OE pressure monitoring system and the same size tires as the...
2
2

2000 Accord A/T FIXED! Kudos & Thanks!
Neighbor's 2000 Accord Automatic Transmission was slipping during shifting at speed. Trans. shops wanted to rebuild for $1,000. Changed the fluid with Genuine Honda Automatic Transmission fluid, and...

transmission error code
Hello, I had an engine error code about a week ago on my 98 civic. I took it to the mechanic, he read the code, which said there was a transmission problem: incorrect gear ratio. He checked the...
1
1

02/CRV, no heater fan = bad resistor(?)
All of a sudden our CRV's heater fan quits, but heat still finds its way to the vents. Windows eventually defrost, but this will be a big problem in Newfoundland later this winter. The local Honda...
1
1

How To Change In-Cabin Air Filter 01 Accord
I have never changed one of these . I have a 2001 Accord with 47k. Is it self explanatory once I locate it or wll I need instruction? Is there a website that explains the procedure as it is not in my...
3
3

99Civic AC Woes
Hello, I've been having lots of trouble recently with the A/C on my 99 Civic EX. The A/C has not blown particularly COLD in a long time. Earlier this summer, I had problems with the temperature of the...

98 civic erratic idle
Good day, 98 civic LX 5 spd with 285000kms. After being on the highway during my 35km commute, when I pull up at a red light, my RPMs stay at around 2500. After a few seconds, or if I pump the gas...
14
14

03 Pilot - Oil Light
While driving to work, my wife noticed the oil light flashing on our 03 Pilot with 64k . So, she stopped and checked the oil level and it was full -- a recent oil change. So, she tried a restart, but...
3
3

93 Civic LSi clutch squeak / creak
I have a 93 UK Civic LSi and the clutch has a 'dry creak' exactly the same as this video - . Ithink it's coming from inside the clutch housing itself, not the slavecylinder. I've sprayed all over the...
11
11