147 & other Alfa owners

Page 4 of 4

the escort was a 1971. (hence '71 escort')
most of the 6R4's i've driven were 83-84ish, groupB like the RS200s
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:27:26 -0400, flobert wrote:

Was it '88? '90? '92?Ford RS200 Rallye car. What a machine! Um, this is what I meant...

I remember the Escorts. We had a different model here. The looked kind of similar, but you guys got the GOOD looking one!

Gruppe B..the Killer B's. They cancelled for what, one year? Two years?
Killing off your spectators is NOT a good way to advance your sport! Kinda like 'football' (soccer) or Rugby.
I remember watching a race from Spain and a car went off the road, into the crowd, running over a Mother and her 12 YO son, killing the boy. Can't remember the driver; if I said the name you'd know it.
Poor kid probably bugged his Mom for hours or days to get her to take him...

the RS200's were group B cars, and thus only made 82-84, I think. Thats pretty much the entire time period for all the group B rally cars, although the 6R4 was made until 85, iirc, because of the success of the baby 250hp version in club-level rallyin.

they didn't look that good in 71-72 when they first came out.

Thats the risk that goes with every Rally, even nowadays. One of the hardest parts too, because you have to ignore the spectators and hope they WILL get out of the way in timeYou watch the covereage of some of the WRC races now, and you'll see that sometimes the cars miss the photorgaphers by a foot or two, as the guys scampering back to the bank, after taking a head-on shot. It really does take all your nerve to keep going, and not stop through sheer instinct to avoid 'possibly hitting people'

WE all did (well, mine was more along the lines of 'can i be your co-driver this time')
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:26:39 -0400, flobert wrote:

I've seen photogs get hit!

Must have been fun. My mom HATES cars! ('Cause i have so many?)
says...

--
Carl Robson
Car PC Build starts again. http://smallr.com/rz
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:23:12 +0100, NeedforSwede2 wrote:

Ya, dot too....

An '05 is "already rusting", huh? Yeah, that's real believable.
The quality of the steel is pretty much meaningless, in the short term, when it's galvaneeled and painted.

Rust was first visible in feb. Easy to remember, since i noticed it in the road outside my house, and it was whilst we were moving.

Well, assumingits galvanised and painted right. But with all the shakeups at all ifferent levels of the corp, the financial switching arond and so forth, you'd be amazed. Amazing what you find out when a reletive owns a company that supplies toyotas metal (or rather did, and never got paid for it, and has been trying to get payment via the courts for 5 years)

Sure.
Cite, please.
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:42:58 +0000, dizzy wrote:

Damn, man, you're starting to sound like bb...

Case is Pastafont Steel Vs Toyota - if you're able to get the documents, you'll also know how to find them.

Google search revealed nothing, save one post from one person in a Web forum.

There's logic for ya...
Lack of evidence noted.

yes.. As i suspected, no clue, thinking google knows all and searches all. So, in reality, you searched only the most public 10% of the web, and are surprised to find no documents to an upcomming court case. As I said, if you had any chance of being able to read the documents, you'd be able to find them. Or, to spell that out in simpler language for you, If you have either a) the ability to find the documents through research, checking and deduction, OR if you had access to the appropriate search engines for the task, then you'd be able to read the,. A single search on google shows no effort, ability, or inteligence.
Unlike you, i did some followup checking (which you were too lazy to do) and i found the poster K`Tetch listed on the court documents, having some ties to the case (under his real name, which about 20 minutes work found me.
Tis amazing what you can do when you actually a) have a brain and b) USE IT.

Still no evidence form you.