1985 Honda CRX

Been hunting around for a car for a while to play with. Wrecked the front end of my Jeep cherokee and got it fixed, now its time to get another car to drive more often and give the other back to the
parents.
Decided on a 1985 Honda CRX...just a plain factory build..nothing special. Since im not really a deep car person, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Word of advice (aka smart-ass reply) following...
thejackbull wrote: | Wrecked the | front end of my Jeep cherokee and got it fixed, now its time to get | another car to drive more often and give the other back to the | parents. | | Decided on a 1985 Honda CRX.
If you like wrecking cars, be careful with the CRX. On the Jeep the front end might have been gone, on the CRX the radiator would be sitting on the back seat...
"tomb" wrote: > Word of advice (aka smart-ass reply) following... > > thejackbull wrote: > | Wrecked the > | front end of my Jeep cherokee and got it fixed, now its time > to get > | another car to drive more often and give the other back to > the > | parents. > | > | Decided on a 1985 Honda CRX. > > If you like wrecking cars, be careful with the CRX. On the > Jeep the front > end might have been gone, on the CRX the radiator would be > sitting on the > back seat...
It wasnt intentional. And perhaps i exagerated wreck. I only backed up at an angle, caused a pole base to cut in right infront of my front left tire and rip off the bumper.
And yes, with a CRX, i will be careul. So many speed bumps and dips and holes in the roads here. My Jeep can fly over them easily... a CRX.. would scrape im assuming?
thejackbull wrote: | And yes, with a CRX, i will be careul. So many speed bumps and dips | and holes in the roads here. My Jeep can fly over them easily... a | CRX.. would scrape im assuming?
Not quite that bad, unless you have one of those "lowered because it's cool" CRXs. The stock suspension is OK, yes, you are low on the ground, but it'll handle most "normal" driving just fine.
Just keep your distance to other cars. In collisions, you loose (against those dreadful SUVs at least).
Take care, TomB
"tomb" wrote: > thejackbull wrote: > | And yes, with a CRX, i will be careul. So many speed bumps > and dips > | and holes in the roads here. My Jeep can fly over them > easily... a > | CRX.. would scrape im assuming? > > Not quite that bad, unless you have one of those "lowered > because it's cool" > CRXs. The stock suspension is OK, yes, you are low on the > ground, but it'll > handle most "normal" driving just fine. > > Just keep your distance to other cars. In collisions, you > loose (against > those dreadful SUVs at least). > > Take care, > TomB
I hate cars that are lowered so far to the ground you can barely see the air between them. There are alot of trucks and SUVs heres like that. I wonder how they get around at all.
Do you think its possible to lift a Honda CRX a few more inches off the ground, for a just in case factor?

Check the ads in the local newspaper. Some towns and almost all cities usually have special booklets--in my town we have three--Photo Ad, Easy Ad and Auto Trader. They may have different names in your town or city--get them and hopefully you will find Honda CRX for sale. You may have to visit the nearest city (if you live in or near a small town) to find the special booklets.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Look on Ebay motors. You may have to travel to pick it up and drive it home or tow it or even have it shipped if you're willing to pay for that.

i am lookin for a 1988 or a 1989 cr-x