1986 Accord Surges during warmup

Helo All, I've recently purchased a 1986 Accord for my son. This car has a lot of miles, but is in pretty good shape overall, and the engin has a lot
of "pull."
I have to problems that are outstanding and i need some advice.
1. When the car starts up, it surges for a few minutes until the temperature comes up. It the settles in at 1200 RPMs. I plan on adjusting the idle down to 750 RPM (pretty straighforward ??), but I don't know where to start lookign for the cause of the surge.
Any suggestions?
2. There's a consistent oil leak that's dripping out from the main pulley area. I had the muffler replaces recently, and while the car was running on the hoist, I could see that the drip was consistent, but only present while the engine was running. The muffler maechanic said that it was likely the oil pump gaskets or the main bearing oil rings.
Is there a greater likelihood that it is/in not the oil pump or the oil rings??
Thanks for any insights.
Tomas Vera wrote:

othjer shaft seals first.

Bob, Thanks for your response.
I'll look over the things you mentioned here and in my other post.
You'll probably hear from me again next weekend !!
Thanks again,
-tomas