1986 Honda Civic 1.5 Stalls

A few months back I had the transmission rebuilt and found the power booster was defunct when I got the car back. I replaced that and the master cylinder and got evrything working except that the engine stalls on me when
I come to a stop. It is intermittent, and often the engine will continue running normally. I haven't started pulling plugs or messing with the distributor, thinking that first I could consult with the experts here and eliminate redundant probing around. Thanks as usual. You have answered questions for me in the past, which has helped quite a bit. Derek in Pompano Beach