1988 Honda Accord Start Problems

My son recently got his first car, It runs great except for that when you go somewhere for a short time it will not start again. Like pumping gas you can not turn the car off or you will be stuck for 30 40 minutes. We have tried the following: New spark plugs and wires New distributor cap New fuel pump None of this seeems to work, We are out of ideas anyone with an idea let me know.

Reply to
TXMom

The problem very likely is the notorious main relay, which ultimately switches power on to the fuel pump, a problem for countless circa 1990 Honda owners. It's located near the driver's left knee, somewhat high in the dash. This relay has electrical joints whose solder weakens with heat cycling. Yours are the classic symptoms. Try some of the hints at the following web site to confirm and fix (probably for well under $100):

"TXMom" wrote

for that when you go

pumping gas you can

minutes. We have tried