1989 Accord DX Noise

I have a noise which kind of sounds like a bad outer CV joint, but not quite a click. It only happens on severe left turns and appears to be coming from the rear. At first I thought it was a bad CV joint, so I replaced the right half-shaft, but the noise is still there. I checked the suspension in the back and it appears to be tight, I found some play in the right upper rear ball joint and replaced the arm, but the noise is still there. It doesn?t sound like a bearing and there is no play on either side. The sound is like a thump, I removed the hubcaps but the noise is still there. I thought that it might be a tire, but I do not see any obvious bulges. The car does not have a rear stabilizer bar, as I thought it might be a bushing. Could a rear strut make this noise? Any insight would be appreciated.

Reply to
nospam