1989 Accord LXI Starting problems

I have a 1989 Acoord Lxi that has been giving me some starting problems. Sometimes it will start and then there are days that it it won't. Luckily it is
a manual and I can jump start it. I have already replaced the Battery and Starter (2nd one now). Anyone else have this problem and is there a possible solution?
Kenny

So what happens on the days when it won't start? Need details to solve a problem like this.
And check here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TATER wrote:

Sometimes it will start and then there are days that it it won't. Luckily it is a manual and I can jump start it. I have already replaced the Battery and Starter (2nd one now). Anyone else have this problem and is there a possible solution?

Does it ever run fine until you go into 7 Eleven, then it won't start again? Cooling the interior will make it restart in that situation, or just turn the key to position II and smack the dash with your fist . . . You'll hear the fuel pump run for two seconds and the car will start.
Do a google.com search for honda main relay resolder. You need to remove and resolder the relay, or replace it.
There's more at tegger.com too. 'Curly'

If it is cranking badly and always starts when you jump start it, the only difference is that you are adding energy to the battery. It sounds like your alternator is failing, and the vehicle year suggests the brushes are probably worn out. See http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id13.html for a good treatment of that issue. You might get by with a *relatively* cheap and easy fix.
Check out http://tegger.com/hondafaq/flatbattery.html and http://tegger.com/hondafaq/altcharge.html to get a better understanding and to avoid doing more serious damage to the alternator.
Mike