1989 Honda Accord - Air Conditioner

Finally got some R12 freon ... anyone know where the low pressure intake valve is?

Reply to
Bill Adams

don't you want to fix the leak first?

Reply to
jim beam

Not really .... it puts our slightly cooler air ... must be small leak.

Trying to get thru summer ... may sell next year.

Reply to
Bill Adams

It's right in front. When you open the hood, looking towards the back of the car, it's in front of the left "passenger" side fan. A little to the left from center of the fan. The sight glass is to the far right drivers side, between the power steering canister, and the washer pump/tank. Use the sight glass to know how much to charge. The glass is on top of the canister. Clean the window if it's dirty. When you first connect the hose, open the can, and let a small bit of vapor purge the air from the hose. You don't want air going into the system. Then start the engine, AC full blast, and rev the engine to about 1500-2000 rpm. Charge with vapor "can right side up" until the sight glass is clear. Don't add any more. MK

Reply to
nm5k

BTW, technically, to be legal, you must have the EPA ticket to handle R-12. But that's your problem, not mine.. What I don't know , won't hurt me... :/ MK

Reply to
nm5k

It might be the service valve itself.. That's where mine was.. Sooo... I'd also add a new cap, which has a good O-ring seal in it. That way, if the shrader valve is leaking a bit, that cap will stop it. MK

Reply to
nm5k