1989 Honda Accord Fuel Filter Location

I have a 1989 Honda Accord which appears to be 'missing'. I changed the dist. cap and it did nothing. I am going to change plugs wires and fuel filters but have no idea where they are. I believe it is a
carburated model and I need to know where to find the primary and secondary fuel filter. It is quite an unusual symptom, because the engine seems to not be burning all the gas in the cyllinders...ie it smells of raw gas when you are at the muffler and it's runnging. If anyone knows where these filters are and has a better diagnosis let me know.\

On my 1986 the fuel filter is near the tank under the car. You will need to remove the left rear tire to access the filter. Its not easy to replace. If you are getting gas in the exhaust, 1) a plug is not firing 2) the float bowl level is too high. Check the float bowl level on a carburated car with a flash light. After removing the entire air filter assembly, you will see a sight glass on the driver side of the carb. the level should be in the middle. The fuel level is adjustable from a yellow painted screw on top of the carb. Clock wise lowers the fuel level. Your choke cold also be stuck closed .... which requires fixing the choke unloader diaphram. Or the whole dam carb may need rebuilding. A loose or broken vacumn hose can also cause problems. Personally I would not bother with the fuel filters, as the symptoms do not warrent it.
11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

Eh, another multiposting newbie who knows not how to crosspost correctly.
Sorry, but you'll have to see your identical message in rec.autos.makers.honda for my nuggets of wisdom.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Menace wrote:

Sounds like you need new plugs, and probably also wires. That will probably cure the missing. MK