1990 Accord...Buzzer noise...third gear only.

Similar problem as AJW....Periodically, a buzzer will sound, & the car seems to only want to run in 3rd gear or overdrive. It hasn?t happened for approx. 6mo. Suggestions?

Reply to
shongo

I had the exact problem, so I went ahead and disconnected the battery and let it sit. I let mine sit for 3 days, but that was only because I was ticked off and didnt want to deal with it. If you let it sit over night, Im almost positive that should fix it. I really don?t know what caused it to do that, but I do know that resetting your entire system will fix it. I checked most of my electrical stuff and found that the previous owner had the car stereo put in, and taken out. They failed to reconnect a lot of things like my cigarette adapter, dash lights, etc. If you?ve done any electrical work, there is the possibility that there is a loose ground, or something happened along the way that may have caused an error somewhere. Hope this helped.

-AJW

"shongo" wrote: > Similar problem as AJW....Periodically, a buzzer will sound, > & the car seems to only want to run in 3rd gear or > overdrive. It hasn't happened for approx. 6mo. Suggestions?

Reply to
Ajw