1990 Accord Ex Overheating and speedometer/odometer Malf.

Iíll get straight to the point. My 1990 Honda has been a great car it has 163,000 recorded miles on it and Iíve owned it for 3 years without any problems. Just recently my speedometer has stopped working. At the
same time my overdrive doesnít seem to kick on anymore. Iíve noticed that when my speedometer stops working. My odometer also stops working. I was wondering if there was any way to sort of quick fix this by myself with out the use of a mechanic seeing how I am pretty short on money as of late. Another problem that just started today is when my car is on and not moving the heat gauge goes way up and my car starts to sputter. Any suggestions would be great and would help me out more then you would ever know.
Thanks Again, Ben