1990 accord - reset error codes

I have a problem with my 1990 Honda Accord. I have figured out how to use a paper clip with the connector on the passenger side to get the error codes to flash on the dash.

Is there an easy way to reset the error codes so I just see the new ones that are (hopefully) causing my problem ?

Is there a cheap code reader (OBD I ???) that will reset the error codes ?

Thanks

Gene

Reply to
Gene Wagenbreth

Yes - I bought one for $35 at Checker Auto. Then I found it was a pair of jumper plugs (one for Honda, one for Toyota) and a plastic screwdriver for Nissans :-} But it also had a hardcopy of this book

that made it worthwhile. You can find the info you need in that. Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Gene Wagenbreth wrote in news:esph8j$ snipped-for-privacy@venera.isi.edu:

You don't need ANY tools!

Just pull the Backup fuse from the under-hood fuse box for ten seconds, then put it back. This will clear the codes.

In case you're wondering, pulling that fuse is the factory-specified method.

Reply to
Tegger

| I have a problem with my 1990 Honda Accord. Incredibly many design flaws : 5 more I have not exposed here.

| Is there an easy way to reset the error codes

TE Chea

Thanks to all for help. what are:

Incredibly many design flaws : 5 more I have not exposed here.

Reply to
Gene Wagenbreth

Just as well - they are, shall we say, controversial. The posts tend to create more heat than light.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:nJidnXKXiv8acWzYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

The quote you respond to was typed by "TE Chea", the troll formerly known as "TE Cheah". (note the "H")

We here learn he now wants to expose himself!

This is bad and can get him arrested in many countries if he is caught (especially if he is ugly). Is indecent exposure illegal in TE Chea's home country of...Burma?

TE Chea is posting from Burma? Oh, wait, I forgot Burma's despotic military leaders have decided the country shall be known as "Myanmar".

I thought Myanmar's primary products were floods, political insurrection and malarial mosquitoes. I am willing to be corrected, of course.

Reply to
Tegger

You forgot moronic usenet posts.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

| what are: | Incredibly many design flaws You can see 4 minor flaws in my posts dated 6-2-05, 7-2-06,

13-11-06 & 17-11-06. 3 more-severe 1s are in my 13-11-03, 12-5-06, 20-6-06 & 23-10-06 posts. 1 in rec.autos.makers.honda, dated 21-1-07.
Reply to
TE Chea

And what the hell are you doing here?! Get back over to Toyota and answer the question I posted about my Supra!!!

Nice to see you again!

Oh, yeah, and, do get over to Toyota and answer my question about my supra, 'k?

Reply to
Hachiroku

And if the error hasn't been fixed, it'll be back!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= wrote in news:sb3Jh.1607$8o1.1502@trndny01:

What question? How old is it? I can't find any recent Supra questions in alt.autos.toyota. Or do you mean in the Yahoo group?

Reply to
Tegger