1990 accord - reset error codes

I have a problem with my 1990 Honda Accord. I have figured out how to use a paper clip with the connector on the passenger side to get the error codes to flash on the dash.
Is there an easy way to reset the error codes so I just see the new ones that are (hopefully) causing my problem ?
Is there a cheap code reader (OBD I ???) that will reset the error codes ?
Thanks
Gene

Yes - I bought one for $35 at Checker Auto. Then I found it was a pair of jumper plugs (one for Honda, one for Toyota) and a plastic screwdriver for Nissans :-} But it also had a hardcopy of this book http://www.iequus.com/downloads/manuals/3173_ICCR_E_14JAN03.pdf that made it worthwhile. You can find the info you need in that.
Mike

You don't need ANY tools!
Just pull the Backup fuse from the under-hood fuse box for ten seconds, then put it back. This will clear the codes.
In case you're wondering, pulling that fuse is the factory-specified method.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:46:48 +0000, Tegger wrote:

And if the error hasn't been fixed, it'll be back!!
| I have a problem with my 1990 Honda Accord. Incredibly many design flaws : 5 more I have not exposed here.
| Is there an easy way to reset the error codes www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0c/fb/0c/0900823d800cfb0c.jsp#hd1-1-2
Thanks to all for help. what are:
Incredibly many design flaws : 5 more I have not exposed here.

Just as well - they are, shall we say, controversial. The posts tend to create more heat than light.
Mike

The quote you respond to was typed by "TE Chea", the troll formerly known as "TE Cheah". (note the "H")
We here learn he now wants to expose himself!
This is bad and can get him arrested in many countries if he is caught (especially if he is ugly). Is indecent exposure illegal in TE Chea's home country of...Burma?
TE Chea is posting from Burma? Oh, wait, I forgot Burma's despotic military leaders have decided the country shall be known as "Myanmar".
I thought Myanmar's primary products were floods, political insurrection and malarial mosquitoes. I am willing to be corrected, of course.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

You forgot moronic usenet posts.
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 01:51:42 +0000, Tegger wrote:

And what the hell are you doing here?! Get back over to Toyota and answer the question I posted about my Supra!!!
Nice to see you again!
Oh, yeah, and, do get over to Toyota and answer my question about my supra, 'k?
wrote in

What question? How old is it? I can't find any recent Supra questions in alt.autos.toyota. Or do you mean in the Yahoo group?