1990 CRX won't start

I just swapped the dashboard. Which means I had the steering wheel and combo swith off as well the cluster. Now, when I go to start the car, it will not start. It tries but won't catch. Also, the lights all work but the signal indicator won't function. I have several connectors that have no where to connect to. I could swear I connected everything the way it was but.. nothing. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Reply to
Dion And Trish

Based on the info. in your report, it's fairly obvious that the problem is related to the "connectors that have no where to connect to". At least one or more of those connectors that are NOT connected is most likely the cause of the problem. You should consider finding a local mechanic that can solve your problem. If you want to solve the problem yourself, you need a wiring diagram for your car. Visit the trigger.com website for more information. Also--you need to buy a Repair Manual for your car. Helm makes the best one.

Reply to
Jason

that's

not trigger.com

Reply to
hondaman

I'd see if you have spark. If so, it might be gas related so maybe the connection to the main relay fell off. (it is near your left knee, looking up into your dash).

Reply to
remco

Great point. This message is for the person that had the problem. You mentioned that you had "several connectors that have no where to connect to." In some cases, connectors are attached to devices such as the Main Relay. In other cases, connectors are connected to other connectors. It's possible that some of those connectors need to be attached to each other. In most cases, you can figure it out by looking at the wire colors. Don't attempt to connect two connectors unless the wire colors on both groups of wires are the same.

Reply to
Jason