1990 Honda Accord - drivers door won't open

Page 2 of 2

Or, if he's smart, he can open the other door.
--
Nick Cassimatis

Tegger wrote:

OK, I gotta ask... Who do youse Canadians know about AAA???
JT

We have CAA, which the Canadian equivalent. CAA and AAA share duties, so a CAA membership is good for the US and a AAA membership is good for Canada.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Ah thanks... For enlighting the ol' grump!
JT

We had to use that cross-border compatibility just this past summer.
We'd driven down to Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC for summer vacation. At one point we were at Tyson's Galleria mall in McLean, VA. After some shopping we went back to the car, only to discover the keys were locked in. Oops! Called CAA in Canada, was switched to AAA. AAA dispatched a guy who took an hour to get there (it was busy that night), then was into the car in 10 seconds.
The hour's wait wasn't so bad. We just went for supper at Legal Seafoods of Boston in Tyson's Galleria. We were finished and paying our bill the instant the AAA guy phoned to say he was ten minutes away. Perfect timing.
Worst part is my wife won't even allow the photos of that incident in the picture album of the vacation! She's embarrassed because she's the one that left the keys on the back seat.
By the way, I highly recommend Legal Seafoods of Boston. The food was excellent and the service impeccable.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

He could have been 2 miles away when dispatched, and still taken the hour to get there - that local area can have some of the worst traffic I've ever seen. I can't imagine it the day after Thanksgiving (biggest shopping day of the year).
--
Nick Cassimatis

You got that right.
But in this case, he was in DC when the dispatcher called him. He had to drive all the way over to McLean from there.

VA had a brief "tax holiday" during the August "Back to School" period. We were right in the middle of that. The malls were nuts.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

By the way, there is somebody I know who follows this group but chooses not to post. To him: We really meant to go to the Daily Grill, but never made it... Next time. And there will be one!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

BTW, speakin' of Boston and food, if you ever get to that neck o' the woods, don't miss a meal at Durgan Park. It's an experience of a lifetime!
JT

Durgin Park http://www.durgin-park.com/menu.asp
Thanks. Passing this on to the wife. We LOVE good restaurants.
And Boston is one of our next US venues.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I found out how fast when my Integra GS-R was stolen last June. Not a good way to find out,either.
Death to auto thieves!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

you need the gun and rottweiler solution. /really/ freakin' effective.

Just don't shoot the Rottweiler.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

dial 911 and have the ambulance collect what's left of the remains out of your driveway.
Gene Wagenbreth wrote:

I don't think AAA will cover this.

Part of AAA's job is getting you out of a locked car when you "don't have spare keys".
Once the guy pops the lock and it's discovered the door won't open, you're supposed to act all innocent and say, "Aw geez, now I'll have to take the door panel off to fix it. Do you think you could move the latch mechanism and get the door open for me?"
It's free and certainly worth a try before doing it the hard way, no?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Unfortunate mistake!
That should read "getting you INTO a locked car..."
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 2/5/2008 9:32 PM Tegger spake these words of knowledge:

I seem to recall a popular "Blondestar" soundbite about doing it the first way...
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
--
They think I'm paranoid; they all talk about it behind my back.

Let me ask the obvious question in January, is it frozen shut? did it rain or snow last night, did it get below freezing?