1990 Honda Accord: trunk still leaks

I have a 1990 Honda Accord DX. Few months ago, I found that its trunk leaked. I caulked the tailgate light gasket. That fixed the leaking problem of the driver's side but the passenger side still
leaked. I caulked it again, and eventually five times, to no avail. I knew a new gasket would not help. But just to be sure, I bought a new gasket from a Honda dealer to replace the old one. And, as I had expected, it did not help.
There are two indentations on the edge (right and left) of the trunk near the wheel. Now, when it rains, the right one is usually full of water.
Any idea where it might be leaking?
| I have a 1990 Honda Accord | its trunk leaked
same in mine ( japan made ), looks like a design flaw
I had the same problem on my 91. I caulked the taillight gaskets and I also caulked the seams in the rain gutter where the rear quarter panels are joined to the trunk. Fixed my leaking problem.

sometimes the taillights fill up with water because the gasket sealing the unit ages-not the gasket between the unit and the car. Then when they get about half full they pour out into the trunk.
sometimes, as my 92 coupe, the rear window gasket ages and shrinks and then rain sneaks down inside the car and lends on the wheel arch behind the trim panel and then lands in the area you describe.
Remove as much trim as you can and then climb in the trunk during a rainstorm (from the passenger compartment, leave the seat lowered) and see if you can see where it is coming from.
HTH norman
John Smith wrote:

---snip---

inside.