1990 Honda Slight staying on

I have a 1990 Honda Accord Lx.The problem is the S Light for sport mode is staying on.Plus it feels like the transmission is staying in 2nd gear.Sounds
to me like that 3rd & 4th gear has went out.Sounds like tranny problems. Bad news! It has 215,000 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated.
Garry
-
Gary wrote:

On this version of Accord, it's typically just the tranny control unit that's the culprit. You can either replace it or attempt to fix it (I think the actual problem is fried capacitors).