1991 Accord DX brake noise

I have a 1991 Honda Accord DX. Recently I changed the front brake pads and after that the front driver's side tire is making a clanging noise (like
hitting two pieces of metal together).
The noise happens when I go over a bump or if I kick the tire. I've taken the wheel off and there are no loose parts and I cant tell what is hitting to make the clang noise.
I've had a mechanic turn the rotors and check the entire suspension and he save everything looks in order. The car drives perfect and stops perfect, the only thing is that clang noise. However I'm worried it will turn into something serious.
Last night I took the tire off and if I smack the brake calliper I get the clang. I held the tie-rod still and smacked it and still get the noise. I then placed my hand on the bottom calliper bold and pulled outward with a little pressure and smacked the calliper and no noise. If I let go of the calliper the noise came back. I didnt put that much pressure when I held it and pulled it forward - it didnt even feel like it moved at all.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? It's driving me nuts. Maybe the calliper is going out and needs replaced?
Thanks so much in advanced.
::CORY::

used aftermarket pads in my Volvo and found they were just a tiny bit loose, side-to-side. That made them rattle while traveling down the road. The rattle stopped when I put on the brakes, but almost anything in the brake caliper will react that way.
Mike
::CORY:: wrote:

maybe the caliper is falling off? i wouldn't even take that thing off the driveway unless i knew what they noise was - potentially /highly/ dangerous. get it fixed immediately.

Maybe it's not your brakes - Could it be a bad motor mount?