1991 Accord "S" light flicker and speedo malfunction.

I have a 1991 Sccord with 176k miles. The trans computer was replaced about three years ago. It was replaced because the car "hung" in second
gear and this problem was determined to be the TCU. Now I have a flashing "S" light occasionally and the spedo fails to register , some times. The car seems to shift properly.
Any help would be appriciated.
Add pictures here
âś–

How many times does the light flash?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Most likely the speed sensor sending unit on the transmission.
My relatives had an almost identical problem last fall with an early-mid 90's Accord. The speedometer was intermittent, the auto tranny "S" would light AND the cruise control would disengage the moment the speedo dropped out. The dealer claimed it was the speedometer cluster (circuitboard, etc), but with a junkyard replacement cluster it did the same exact thing. Using my Prelude manual and tracing what was common between the speedo and cruise control, it made sense that the Accord's problem had to be the speed sensor. They replaced it and it's still fine 4 months later.
Add pictures here
âś–