1991 Accord - Steering Wheel Vibration

I have approx. 149k miles and feel vibration through the steering wheel at speeds of 65-73 mph. I believe that the right half-shaft shaft is in need
of replacement. I hear a clunking noise when making a left turn. Could a bad half-shaft cause vibration in the front end, or is it more likely a tire out of balance or a bad steering or suspension component? Any help or suggestions where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe
Joe Guarino wrote:

could be either. check both. but if your drive shaft is clunking on corners, it needs replacement anyway.
it could be the half shaft in very bad shape. i would becareful driving it until you get that fixed it may be ready to bust.
-jeff

I will check (probably change) the half-shaft and see if that resolves the vibration problem. The clunking noise is not that bad, though I realize that it will only get worse, not better. Thanks to Jeff and Jim for the replies. Joe

Joe Guarino wrote:

much cheaper to get the wheel balanced first - a lot of times it's free depending you your tire shop. don't just throw money at the problem without some diagnosis.