1991 Accord - Steering Wheel Vibration

I have approx. 149k miles and feel vibration through the steering wheel at speeds of 65-73 mph. I believe that the right half-shaft shaft is in need of replacement. I hear a clunking noise when making a left turn. Could a bad half-shaft cause vibration in the front end, or is it more likely a tire out of balance or a bad steering or suspension component? Any help or suggestions where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Guarino

could be either. check both. but if your drive shaft is clunking on corners, it needs replacement anyway.

Reply to
jim beam

it could be the half shaft in very bad shape. i would becareful driving it until you get that fixed it may be ready to bust.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Joe Guarino

much cheaper to get the wheel balanced first - a lot of times it's free depending you your tire shop. don't just throw money at the problem without some diagnosis.

Reply to
jim beam