1991 honda civic engine swap

I'm looking to do an engine swap on my 1991 honda civic dx 4door. I'm looking for horsepower. is there any sugestions that anyone can make? all would be appreciated.

Reply to
BrineyJason

save your money and buy a different car. a 91 civic is a dependable transportation appliance. it was never meant to outrun an acura nsx.

Reply to
manic mechanic

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

I saw an article in Honda Tuning Magazine a couple of years ago about a company that made conversion mounts and hardware for putting modern K series motors/transaxles into older Honda/Acura products,but unfortunately I can't remember the company.Maybe you can find them advertising in newer issues of the mag.It wouldn't hurt to do a little research in the tuner magazines,either.

Alternately,you could try finding/ordering a JDM B18-series DOHC VTEC motor to put in.

It seems to me that just modifying your present motor(D-series?) would be more cost-effective,(turbos,intake/exhaust mods,etc.) although there's no substitute for cubic inches.(cubic centimeters??? ;-) )

Reply to
Jim Yanik

how much horsepower? how much money? you have options up the wazoo. the biggest thing to figure out is how much to spend and your ability level to do the work - there's a fair amount of re-wiring involved. and you should upgrade the brakes. and most importantly, why the 4-door???

Reply to
jim beam

Reply to
hondaman

Reply to
BrineyJason

you want to spend $20k on a conversion of a 91 4-door???? the 90-91

4-door is the heaviest of that class. it makes no sense when you have the 88-89 hatch and 88-89 crx's that offer you good weight savings and therefore a superior power/weight ratio. think about that for a moment

- there /is/ a reason you don't see your kind of conversion...

regarding your desire to spend huge amounts of money, you can get the motor to do something like this:

~$6k.

of course, if you still want to spend the $20k, bring the car on over to my place. i'll be happy to take your money and give you a faster car. i won't spend the full $20k you give me though. nowhere near.

Reply to
jim beam