1992 Accord, Transmission

My accord has recently began starting out in 2nd gear. (Auto) I can manually begin in first with no problem. The d4 light has flashed in the past, so I restart the car and manually shift to first. Any suggestions. (I will be changing the fluid tomorrow with ATF Z1) I will post if this clears the problem.

Reply to
VolMan

If a fluid change does not help, the problem could be the tranny control unit (TCU).

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Problem corrected, replaced fluid and tapped free the shift control solenoid valve.

Reply to
VolMan

Where is the shift control solenoid valve located? Thanks.

VolMan wrote:

Reply to
Tixin