1992 Accord, Transmission

My accord has recently began starting out in 2nd gear. (Auto) I can manually begin in first with no problem. The d4 light has flashed in the past, so I restart the car and manually shift to first. Any
suggestions. (I will be changing the fluid tomorrow with ATF Z1) I will post if this clears the problem.
VolMan wrote:

If a fluid change does not help, the problem could be the tranny control unit (TCU).
VolMan wrote:

Problem corrected, replaced fluid and tapped free the shift control solenoid valve.
Where is the shift control solenoid valve located? Thanks.