1992 Honda Accord EX Trouble Starting in Hot Weather

The last couple of summers during hot weather I've had trouble starting my car. I've changed the plugs, which seemed to help, but didn't complete remedy the problem. I do not have this trouble in the
winter or milder weather. Give me some ideas about what I can do to fix this problem without taking the car to a mechanic. I'm on a small disability check and really can't afford to do that unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary. Any advice? THX, Sheila
On 08/03/2010 02:53 PM, sjfleenor wrote:

honda main relay. check out tegger.com for details.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

It's most likely the PGM-FI Main Relay. /Very/ common problem with older Hondas.
--
Tegger

PGM-F1 relay? Is this something I can check and fix on my own? Sheila
sjfleenor, wrote the following at or about 8/3/2010 5:15 PM:

Sheila, I'd venture a guess that not a one of us would have a clue as to whether or not this fix is beyond your capabilities. Why don't you follow the suggestion of Jim Beam and take a look at the website he mentioned. Here... this link will take you right to the header for the problems with the PGM-F1 relay:
<http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay
Read through it, look at the ample illustrations and then answer your own question. If nothing else, if you lack the dexterity to accomplish the task, perhaps you can ask a friend or neighbor to do it for you. It's not rocket science but it does require the ability to read and follow directions as well as the aforementioned manual dexterity.
Good luck!

I'll do that! Thank you VERY MUCH!! Sheila
Tegger,
the link from 'Are K&N and other "performance" air filters a good idea? (external link)' appears to point to a dead site
just fyi

That one has been up. down, up, down several times over the years. Looks like the domain has now expired. The page might be located someplace else; I'll have to check. If not, I have a locally-saved copy...
Thanks for the heads-up.
--
Tegger