1993 Acura Legend

The shift indicator light that is between the tacometer and spedometer on the dash flashes when in drive or reverse (the D4 light). Does anybody know what my problem is? Thank you.

" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net" wrote:

--------------------------------
What's the mileage, and when did you last change the tranny fluid?
'Curly'
'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

I bought the car a month ago with 255k miles. Currently have 257k miles and I do not know when the tranny fluid was changed last (if ever). I was told the car was maintained regularly and when I bought it it was fine.
Showanda

It's flashing a code number at you. How many times does it blink?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I'll have to check how many times it blinks. It appears to blink a steady on/off; but I'll go check.
Showanda
I'll have to check how many times it blinks. It appears to blink a steady on/off; but I'll go check.
Showanda

Sorry, you have to short the Service Check connector for it to blink the code.
The Service Check connector is a 2-pin connector located under the dash above the passenger kick panel. You might have to fish around behind the kick panel to find it. A paper clip will suffice as a jumper.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

AND the ignition has to be on (all dash lights light up) for the D4 to blink.