1993 Del Sol A/C question

Recently I have started having trouble with the A/C. It runs fine for 20 minutes and then starts blowing warm air.

Also there is a fluttering sound when I turn on the A/C. And at the lowest fan setting the air used to be very cold. It is not as cold now.

Any tips on what is wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1993 Del Sol Owner.
Reply to
DelSolOwner

DelSolOwner, wrote the following at or about 8/3/2010 8:35 AM:

Just a wild and crazy guess. Low refrigerant? Low pressure cutoff is kicking in after the system runs a bit and shuts it down. Basically the same thing will happen if you have too much refrigerant in the system. It'll cool fine for a bit and then the pressure switch will cut it off.

Find an A/C repair shop (since you'll undoubtedly be using the old R-12(?) refrigerant) and have them check it. Since it's intermittent, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Reply to
DDDudley

Thanks. Will do as you suggest.

Reply to